Monday, December 7, 2009

So What Now?

My DH (dear or damn?) who's idea it was in the first place (might I remind him) to become vegetarians is limiting my recipe options. He doesn't like mushrooms (pretty much a vegetarian staple), zucchini, squash of any kind, greens (Chard, Collard, etc), snow peas, sugar peas, cooked carrots, couscous (really? how can you not like couscous?), bulgar, and I can go on. And no it's not the recipes because they are quite good. I guess I should be happy that he likes eggplant and tomatoes.


And so, my DH has decided he wants to be a Pescatarian, but no shellfish (which is funny because we watched Throwdown with Bobby Flay last night and he was all about the Seafood Salad at Raos's Resturant which includes crab and lobster). We did agree that if fish was going to be added back to the menu then we would only do wild caught.


I do not miss any of it, fish poultry, pork, beef, buffalo. The only thing I've told my friends who have expressed an interest in becoming vegetarian, that I miss is the convenience. I have tons of recipes for chicken and right now it just takes more pre-planning. Oh well..

0 comments: