Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mediterranean Veggie Panini

What else can I do with the zucchini I get from my friends garden, seemed to be a question I had last year.  I can only make so much zucchini bread and my husband is not a big fan of it for a side dish.  Since I was also given a small eggplant I started thinking Mediterranean.  Hmm,  I love hummus... 



Ingredients:

2 zucchini (cut into thin slices)

1 eggplant (cut into thin slices)

* olive oil

oregano, salt and pepper to taste

4 roasted red pepers

1 cup feta (crumbled)

4 tablespoons hummus

8 slices of bread

balsamic vinegar


Directions:

Lightly brush the zucchini and eggplant in olive oil and season with oregano, salt and pepper.

Grill the vegetables until tender and nice and golden brown.

Assemble sandwich including a slash of balsamic vinegar.

Lightly brush the bread in olive oil and grill until golden brown on both sides.


0 comments: